On a home network, a home router usually serves as the DHCP server. The home router is responsible for dynamically assigning IP addresses to clients on the home network. ISPs also use DHCP, but it usually assigns an IP address to the Internet interface of the home router, not the clients on the home network. In businesses, it is common to have a file or other dedicated server provide DHCP services to the network. Finally, a DNS server is responsible for finding the IP address for a URL, not for providing dynamic addressing to network clients.
3. Which protocol automates assignment of IP addresses on a network, and which port number does it use? (Choose two.)
DNS uses port 53 and translates URLs to IP addresses. SMB provides shared access to files and printers and uses port 445. Port 80 is used by HTTP. HTTP is a protocol used to communicate between a web browser and a server.
4. A particular website does not appear to be responding on a Windows 7 computer. What command could the technician use to show any cached DNS entries for this web page?
Dynamic DNS (DDNS) allows a user or organization to register an IP address with a domain name as in DNS. However, when the IP address of the mapping changes, the new mapping can be propagated through the DNS almost instantaneously.
7. What application layer protocol describes the services that are used for file sharing in Microsoft networks?
Curriculum reference: Module 1.1 A typical URL is of the format protocol://hostname_or_address[:port]/. The protocol HTTPS stands for Hypertext Transfer Protocol over SSL (Secure Socket Layer). Using this protocol, the data transferred between the website and the user is encrypted. The format ht​tps://website is used by web servers to transfer and display content securely. HTTP and FTP do not provide encryption during data transfers.
11. Refer to the exhibit. NAT is configured on Remote and Main. The PC is sending a request to the
web server. What IPv4 address is the source IP address in the packet between Main and the web
When using the File Transfer Protocol, an FTP client uses a randomly generated source port number, but targets a destination port number of 20 or 21 on the FTP server. The destination port numbers depend on whether it is the first connection for control traffic on port 21 or the second connection for data traffic on port 20.
13. In NAT translation for internal hosts, what address would be used by external users to reach internal hosts?
From the perspective of a NAT device, inside global addresses are used by external users to reach internal hosts. Inside local addresses are the addresses assigned to internal hosts. Outside global addresses are the addresses of destinations on the external network. Outside local addresses are the actual private addresses of destination hosts behind other NAT devices.